Pediatric dentists are super specialist, are dedicated to the oral health care of children from infancy through the teen years. They have the experience and qualifications to care for a child’s teeth, gums, and mouth throughout the various stages of childhood.
Our Pediatric Dentisry Department Specializes in:
- infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
- Space Maintainers hold the space for a permanent tooth after a child has lost a milk tooth due to decay or an accident. The space maintainer keeps adjacent teeth from shifting into the empty space.
- Habit-breaking Devices help children stop thumb sucking or tongue thrusting, which can have an impact on their oral health and their speech.